Aging skin damage is accelerated by environmental factors, exposure to the sun, radiation, smoking and genes. The resulting changes may include thin and/or dry skin, fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots and hollowed eyes or cheeks. Monitored for precancerous or cancerous lesions is particularly important as people get older. Medical-grade skincare, facial treatments by a medical aesthetician, and laser dermatology treatments reduce the effects of aging skin.
Treatments for Aging Skin
- Medical Grade Skincare Products, such as Obagi Medical and SkinCeuticals contain agents designed to reduce the signs of aging, such as alpha-hydroxy acids or antioxidants. These may be used alone or in combination for a more complete skin care regimen. Our Aesthetician, Nadyha can help guide you to a skincare regimen that best suits your needs.
- Dermaplaning treatments are effective for removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells. The treatment will also remove the layer of vellous hairs that often covers the face, commonly known as "peach fuzz"- which trap dirt and oil. The treatment gives the skin a smoother and brighter appearance.
- Chemical peels, A peel minimizes the appearance of surface lines and wrinkles, smoothes out rough skin texture, aides in clearing acne and helps fade hyperpigmentation.
- BOTOX® and Dysport® can be injected into specific muscles to prevent and correct wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers can be injected into the skin to fill out areas that look depressed or wrinkled.
To learn more about correcting treatments, contact Clear Dermatology & Aesthetics Center today.